Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Money deducted from bank account but no premium accsss given

Money deducted from bank account but no premium accsss given

Plan

Student Premium

Country

Device

iPhone 13

Operating System

iOS 17.3.1

My Question or Issue

Using UPI I made a payment of Rs 59 for my monthly payment for student premium. However on spotify page it shows the transaction FAILED. So now i have no access to premium. I will provide the transaction ID once I get a response through mail. Please refund the amount or give me access to premium it's irritating af

5 Replies

Hey @suguruwife,

It’s very likely just a pending charge if you haven’t received a receipt from Spotify via Email 🙂

A pending charge is a part of your bank or credit card company’s authorization process. When you submit a payment, they place a temporary authorization on the funds.

If the transaction doesn’t successfully complete, no money will be taken and the charge will soon disappear. The time this takes can vary, depending on your bank/credit card company. For more information, contact your bank/credit card company.

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Same issue since yesterday!

(At the risk of sounding like a Karen:)

It's so annoying! There's no help in any of the FAQs or existing sections, they were just like you must have logged in through a wrong account. No I've checked.

My GPay shows that payment was completed, but Spotify is like oh your payment failed, no premium for you now, like what?? If there's some issue on their side, why can't they provide premium till it's resolved on their end? Will they lose so much? Can't they have a better costumer service like oh you've been using premium for a while, but suddenly this transaction seems to have failed? Is this intentional or some issue on our side? But no! They went ahead and were like pay again right now or cancel your subscription!

I used to think they don't care about the free users at all, now I am very annoyed and saddened to realise that they don't even care about the premium users! Money is the only thing it seems.

I hope this gets resolved soon!

Hey there @suguruwife,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community. 

Sorry to hear that you feel this way. We'd first recommend checking your receipts page. If you can't see the payment in there, make sure to check the status of the payment on your bank statement as it can be pending or still processing. It's also possible that this is a temporary authorization charge made by your payment provider.

You can also reach out to our Support team here. They'll be able to check your account and provide more details about what caused your payment to fail. 

Hope this helps. If anything else comes up, the Community will be here. 

NovyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I can do payment through spotify why ?

Did you got any solution for this because now I am stuck with this same issue 🥲

Suggested posts