Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

AUTHENTICATION_ SERVICE_ UNAVAILABLE error pops up when my app tries user auth via Spotify app

Solved!

AUTHENTICATION_ SERVICE_ UNAVAILABLE error pops up when my app tries user auth via Spotify app

When my app attempts to authenticate the user via the Spotify app installed on their device, the LoginActivity opens,  and then the app returns to the previous activity, but the error AUTHENTICATION_SERVICE_UNAVAILABLE is displayed, and the user is not authenticated.

Things I’ve Tried:

- Deleted and recreated the app on the Spotify Developer Dashboard.

- Added and changed the Android package name and SHA1 fingerprint in the Developer Dashboard.

- Created a new Spotify account and registered the app again.

- Checked internet connection (working fine).

Despite these steps, the problem persists. Has anyone encountered this issue before, and how can I resolve it? Are there any additional steps I should follow, or is there a known fix for this error?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I have found a solution. There was an issue with my package name which I added to the Spotify Developer Dashboard

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Hi @jivstream,

Does the app work with your own account?

What could be the issue is that newly created apps start in Development mode, so only accounts on the allowlist can access your app.

Let me know if this explains the issue, and if you have further questions.

XimzendRising Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thanks for your response. I know about the allowlist, and added my email to it but it still didn't work

Marked as solution

I have found a solution. There was an issue with my package name which I added to the Spotify Developer Dashboard

Suggested posts