Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Who Me Too'd this topic

Android Spotify SD Card. Tried searching, please help :)

Hey guys. Im having a hard time with my new phone. Its a Huaweii, so i dont expect much of it xD haha, but im really hoping to get spotify to work with it. Its a Y8 if that matters

Anyways. Ive googled about this and i see that a lot of people have had the same problem, with different phones. Making the offline playlist save on the SD card.

Spotify say:
- Go to System Settings
- Go to "Apps"
- Find Spotify there
- On Spotify's page, first, tap "Force Close"
- Then tap "Clear cache" if it's not greyed out.
- Then tap "Unninstall" and remove the app.
- After uninnstalling, power off your device.
- If you can, remove the battery now. Power back on.
- Using a file manager on your phone or with your USB cable and your computer, go to Internal Storage > Android > Data and delete a folder called com.spotify.mobile.android.ui
- Reinstall Spotify from Google Play

I have done this and i have also cleared cache from settings in spotify. Spotify will still download to internal storage (even if its 95% full). I tested the SD card by downloading music to it and playing it from my phone, which works fine. I have also tried to format it from my phone

I cant find the spotify folder, but heres the strange thing... when i have synched spotify so that the 2gb of free space is gone... i cant find out where the data is stored.
When i enter the phone from my PC, i can see that there is 2gb less than before, but when i enter the "internal storage" and select all folders, it says that its only 500mb (450 which is simpsons tapped out xD), so... the spotify folder is hidden or something? I have marked "see hidden files", so its weird that it doesnt show up

Help is appreciated! 😄

Who Me Too'd this topic