Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Who Me Too'd this topic

App crashes at startup (tried every fix mentioned online)

Plan

Premium

Country

United States

Device

Samsung Galaxy S8

Operating System

Oreo 8.0.0

My Question or Issue

Hi all! Soooooooo, I haven't been able to use my Spotify app on my phone at all. At. All. For almost two weeks at this point. Here's the deal: One day, I'm using the app just fine. The next day, when I tap to open it, it opens for a split second, then immediately exits back to my home screen. No error message. It just exits. I don't even have a chance to tap on anything in the app.

I've tried every fix that's ever been listed online anywhere: I've cleared the cache, cleared the data, uninstalled, rebooted, gone through every single file in my phone to make sure that there aren't any bits left over, reinstalled, checked for viruses, made sure the app isn't being affected by either power-saving mode or data-saving mode, signed off of any connected devices, prayed to several deities.... Nothing helps. I don't use an SD card, so I can't really reformat anything.

The farthest I get is the sign-in screen if I've done a reinstall or a data/cache clear. As soon as I try to sign in by any means, it says it's signing in, gives the blank gray screen for a second, and exits.

Oddly enough, the only way the app ever stays open is if I'm in airplane mode. And even then, I can't access any of my downloaded songs or playlists. If I open the app in airplane mode and then turn airplane mode off, the app crashes.

My desktop app works just fine, so I know it isn't an issue with my account. I drive Uber, and as all of my Uber playlists are through Spotify, it's a REAL bummer that I can't use it. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated!

Who Me Too'd this topic