Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Who Me Too'd this topic

[Android App - Unusable] Stops playing randomly since last update.. and other issues

Plan

Premium

Country

Italy

Device

Samsung Galaxy S9+

Operating System

Android 9 w/ One UI 1.0

My Question or Issue

For a few days now, Spotify keeps randomly stopping music in various different ways:

1. Spotify playing in background > Lock device > Spotify stops playing after 6 seconds (wired earphones). If I light up the screen tapping on it or using the lock button, it starts playing again immediately. If I wait long enough with music not playing after locking the device, the music randomly starts again, then stops etc.

2. Spotify app open in foreground > lock device > stops playing with no evident pattern of time/track playback. It just stops playing after a random amount of time

Other issues since last update:

3. Widget in notification centre and lock screen works only 1/10 times, if I tap on the widget in the notification centre to open the app, Spotify app resets and starts playing the last track from the beginning. 

4. Remote controls in my car (steering wheel buttons, infotainment system buttons) work only 1/10 times. If I lock the device, they stop working after a few seconds and start working again when I unlock the device and re-open the Spotify app. 

5. Playback using external devices (Sonos, BlueOS) is extremely bugged now. The app will start playback on the device, then if I put the app in background and foreground again it won't control the device but show that music is stopped while it is still playing. If I press play, it starts playback from phone speakers. 

Can anybody help me with these issues? Mainly the first 2 I listed, which are making Spotify on my phone totally unusable, I have to keep the screen constantly on to make it work, which is frankly ridiculous. 

Thank you in advance for your help! 

Who Me Too'd this topic