Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Who Me Too'd this topic

Issues with google cast support

I'm on Family premium plan running on Android and Windows across numerous devices.  We mostly listen via various Google Home devices which used to be a bit clunky, but usable. There have been recent changes that now seem to make Spotify a very poor experience with such devices.

1. On desktop (windows) the new "connect to device" behaviour doesn't provide any Google home devices as an option. You have to start playing via the mobile app first, then only the active device gets picked up.  This appears to be deliberate, but is really cack-handed.

2. From mobile device the UX is still as clunky as ever, but now the connection is unreliable too. devices continually fail to start playing (connection noise on device heard, by spotify gets hung on "connecting" in app). This is only fixable by forcing the app to close and re-launching. 

3. Via desktop or mobile app you have to reconnect to the device after pausing playback.

4. Mobile and desktop app will often claim to be playing different music on the same device. 

5. Devices will often not appear on the list (even though groups with those same devices in might appear and work fine). This seems to be last used device disappearing off the list, which is particularly annoying.

Who Me Too'd this topic