Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Who Me Too'd this topic

Autoplay not working correctly

Spotify autoplay is not working for me either but its only when I am using spotify connect to stream to my chromecasts (one in the living room and one in the kitchen) that its not working and its only when I am using my android phone (pixel 4a).

So when I am just playing on my phone (not streaming) it works fine.

When I am streaming using connect with my iPhone 8 to the exact same chromecasts autoplay works fine.

I have never had this problem before using my iPhone and I have only started seeing this after I got my Pixel 4a and started using that phone instead.

I have done all the usual stuff - cleared cache, re-installed the app, logout/login multiple times. I am using facebook to authenticate.

Also I have been to two of my friends places and have the exact same problem at their place on their wifi - autoplay does NOT work when streaming using connect from by pixel 4a. So I am pretty sure it not related to my network.

Details Pixel 4a

Android version: 11

Spotify version: 8.6.18.720

Detail iPhone 8

iOS version: 14.4.2

Spotify version: 8.6.16.1012

I am using spotify premium and autoplay is probably the thing I enjoy the most about spotify.

Also a curious thing. I just re-activated my Tidal subscription which also has a autoplay feature and guess what I see the exact same issue going through the exact same scenarios above.

Who Me Too'd this topic