Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Who Me Too'd this topic

Google Casting to Smart Speakers constantly interrupted/stopped for no reason

Plan

Premium

Country

Netherlands

Device

Google Pixel 6 Pro

Operating System

Android 14

App Version

My Question or Issue

Since there is no specific place for feedback/issues about Assistant/Google Casting integration I will put it here:

Since a while now (longer than a month) Google Casting to any Smart Speakers in my house is constantly being interrupted for no reason without any audible warning. It happens both on single Speakers and also in Speaker Groups.

Specifically the following things are occurring often:

• The sound just stops midway through a song, Spotify and Google Home app still show the music is active but there is no longer any sound coming from the Speakers.
  • Playback just stops at the end of a song and it refuses to skip to the next song. Spotify and Google Home app show the song is active but goes beyond the maximum duration (screenshot attached).
  • The music playback stops entirely. Spotify app no longers shows Speakers as active, but Google Home still shows them as Casting...

Resetting Speakers, App, WiFi, Rebooting does not make a difference at all. What is going on? I constantly have to restart playback this way which is super annoying!

Screenshot 2023-12-04 173610.png
Who Me Too'd this topic