Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Who Me Too'd this topic

Song restarting midway on repeat one

1. Plan

Premium 

Country

Canada

Device

Galaxy Z Fold 5, Galaxy Tab S8+, Windows PC

Operating System

(Android 14 OneUI 6.1, Windows 11 N)

My Question or Issue

It seems that a recent and previously "Fixed" bug has come back. When setting songs to repeat one, songs tend to restart midway instead of from the beginning. This especially happens if I come back to the spotify app after a few hours (say I came back from work and want to listen to the song I was listening to before).

The funny thing is, this only happens for the first 1-2 repeats after coming back to spotify after a few hours, then is very occasional. Happens on almost all platforms (I can't test apple devices).

Another peculiar observation, which might be nothing but a coincidence, is that the midway restart point of the song is not random. It almost feels like the Automix feature is on (it is NOT). The songs almost always start from their main stanza (or otherwise known as the main part or hook in some cases), and the crossfade between the end of the song and the transition back to the main hook SEEMS very intentional to me, as if somehow the Automix feature is interfering even though it is off.

Who Me Too'd this topic