Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Who Me Too'd this topic

This is why all the Android users are frustrated

My intention is not for this thread to turn into a flamewar, but instead to put into words this community's frustration with the Android version of Spotify.

A lot of the frustration stems from the fact that:
A. Premium is required for Android, so every one of us has to pay.
B. Android is the most widely used phone OS in the world and the platform is being aggressively ignored by Spotify. Facebook ignored mobile apps for years and it's showing in their stock's value.

Known issues that actually break the program for users are not getting fixed swiftly, and what's even worse is there's no communication from Spotify regarding this.

Other known issues and requested features have not been added either. This stems from either or both of these facts:
A. Your app development team is clearly undersized or these things wouldn't take so long. I know free apps whose developers fix bugs and add features in a fraction of the time.
B. You're treating the Android app as you would treat an iOS app. You can fix one issue and release a new version. You can patch one bug and release a new version. This is Android, it doesn't cost you anything to just release updates every week.

To be honest, I'm baffled as to what the point is of a "Preview" app? Just release that as the next update (or you can release both and call the old one "Spotify Old Version"). Then send out an update a few times a week as you add new features or squash new bugs. "Oh look, we added landscape mode. Let's compile it and release it." Not a big deal. Instead we wait months between updates.

I apologize if this comes off as a rant, I really don't mean for it to. I'm trying to express how the logic works in our brains and why we're getting frustrated... It boils down to this:
If they're not fixing bugs or adding features on a regular basis, they must be ignoring Android as a platform. And if they avoid commenting on, or refuse to acknowledge, these bugs and when we can expect a fix, they must be ignoring Android users as a whole. This makes me feel unvalued.

Who Me Too'd this topic