Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Who Me Too'd this topic

Disabling Spotify Connect

Since a few days I am experiencing problems with playback on both my smartphone and my desktop PC caused by Spotify Connect.

When I play music on my PC, playback randomly pauses and switches to a random song from the same or another playlist. Sometimes it coincides with unlocking my phone when I e.g. write an SMS or when a new Facebook message arrives. I didn't open Spotify on my smartphone, I even tried to keep it closed down.

It explicitely does not help to select my device on the smartphone (Settings -> Spotify Connect -> Available devices -> HTC Sensation). Even more, just when writing this, right after I did select the mobile device there, Spotify on Desktop crashed completely.

Furthermore the Spotify app became quite slow, coinciding with the issues I have with Spotify Connect. Starting the app takes up to 1 minute. I installed both the latest Spotify PC software and Android app.

Using Spotify on my PC became really annoying because playback stops and switches songs constantly. PLEASE provide a simple off-switch for this "feature".

Phone: HTC Senation (first gen), Android 4.3.1, CyanogenMod 10.2-20131028-Albinoman887-pyramid, Spotify 1.7.0.830

PC: Windows 7 x64, i7, 6GB RAM, Spotify 0.9.14.13.gba5645ad

Who Me Too'd this topic