Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Accidentally pressed remove download on Spotify playlist

Accidentally pressed remove download on Spotify playlist

Hi, I've accidentally pressed remove download on my big 80 hour Spotify playlist. I hit download again almost immediately after, but my songs are now all greyed out. I can see Spotify is still using 4GB of storage, which is clearly due to the songs from this playlist as I don't have anything else downloaded.

Is there any way to recover these songs from my user data? Because I don't have the bandwidth to redownload my songs and I don't currently have access to WiFi.

1 Reply

Hey there @TurquoisePalm267

Thanks for getting in touch about this here in the Community. 

We're afraid it's not possible to recover the songs you've removed from your downloaded content. In order to listen to them in Offline mode, it'd be necessary to re-download them again.

On another note, the data may remain as cache in your device for some time while it's removed and that's why you might see it in your storage.

You can also consider adding your +VOTE to this idea about getting notifications before removing the downloaded content to prevent this from happening accidentallyDespite its current status, you can still add your vote to it and if anything changes in the future, we'll make sure to keep everyone updated over there.

The Idea Exchange is a great way for us to see what our users are interested in and how many people like a certain idea.

Check out this Spotify Answer to learn more about it.

If you need a hand with anything else, the Community is here for you.

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Suggested posts