Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Album Art in Now Playing screen

Album Art in Now Playing screen

On the Now Playing screen of my Anfroid phone, Album Art is no longer shown.  Instead, there is a background image of the artist.  Is there an option to show the album art?  I know this used to work because it was easy for me to just glance at the screen to see what was paying by recognizing the album art.  Now that is not possible.  I am using Spotify Free so maybe this is now a Premium feature?

6 Replies

Hey, thanks for reaching out.

Spotify has reimagined the user experience for the free tier. You can find all the changes to it by reading this FAQ about Spotify free on mobile.

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstallation of the app. Just follow the steps here. If you can, please attach a screenshot of the issue 🙂

If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the exact version of Spotify and the exact version of the operating system you're running?

I'll see what I can suggest!

Thank you for your reply.  I tried all of your suggesstions but they did not change anything.  This is happenning on all of my Android devices.  The Spotify version is 8.4.61.683 armV7.  Can you just tell me if this feature was removed or if I should still be seeing Album Art in the Now Playing screen?  This was a problem in Microsoft Groove, too but they added a setting for users to turn Album Art on.  Hopefully, Spotify can do the same.

Hey @tlh119,

Could you please attach a screenshot explaining your issue in more details?

Thank you!

As you can see from the screenshot, the 'album art' is a difficult to see background image. It used to be a square in the middle of the screen. I cannot attach a screenshot of that but I could attach a screenshot of how it looks in Groove later today if you want.
Screenshot_20180711-104117.png

I was waiting for a reply but since there hasn't been one, I will go ahead and post my screenshot of Groove (and how Spotify album art used to look).

wp_ss_20180712_0001.png

Hey @tlh119,

Please note that this is a feature on the new UI for the free users tier. 

You can find more about Spotify free on mobile in this FAQ.

However, even Premium users have this full screen player look in certain playlists.

Have a nice day 🙂

Suggested posts