Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Album list not working when offline

Solved!

Album list not working when offline

Premium

Android Oreo

Since the latest update  in offline mode the album list is always sorted by 'Recently added' no matter which sorting option I select. When I click on an album I get the not so very helpful error message "Something went wrong".

It only does this when I'm offline, but this effectively means I can only listen to an album when I'm online!!!

The playlists list still works as expected when offline.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there @jcheiden!

Welcome to the Community and thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Could you try restarting your phone to see if that makes any difference for you?

If you still experience this, it might be caused by an issue with your device's cache.

Performing a clean reinstall of the app with the steps here should help solve this.

Keep in mind that you'll need to re-download your offline music and podcasts afterwards.

We'll be on the lookout for your update. Give us a shout if you have any further questions.

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey there @jcheiden!

Welcome to the Community and thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Could you try restarting your phone to see if that makes any difference for you?

If you still experience this, it might be caused by an issue with your device's cache.

Performing a clean reinstall of the app with the steps here should help solve this.

Keep in mind that you'll need to re-download your offline music and podcasts afterwards.

We'll be on the lookout for your update. Give us a shout if you have any further questions.

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi Elena,

Restarting my phone didn't help, neither did clearing the cache, so I've done a clean reinstall. A bit inconvenient (and the second time this week) but it did clear up this problem.

Regards,

Jos

Unfortunately the reinstall brought back a persistent problem that seemed to be solved by the last update: spotify stops playing after every 10 minutes!!!!!!!!

Very annoying!!!!

And again...

...a new update and in offline mode the album list is only sorted in 'Recently added' order no matter what I choose!!!!

Please make your updates in a way that doesn't break the app and doesn't require me to do a clean install every week!!!!!!!

A new update this morning and when offline the album list now sorts according to the selection I make...

... however, now I cannot open any album anymore when offline!!!!!!!!!!!!!

With the not so helpful message "Something went wrong"..... 😤

Please you guys, this is becoming very annoying!!!!!!!!

You are lucky!!!
I can not open any album anymore online and offline. spotify android client is completely useless. the whole synchronization between device and account is not working anymore. i can add albums in the web or desktop app, but they never become visible in android.
seems that the protocol has been changed, because old clent versions for android also do not work!!!! Rookies!!!!

I'm having the same difficulty on my phone, I have contacted via the chat function two or three times, doing a clean uninstall and reinstall sorts it out and resetting the phone does nothing, apparently there is some small bug in the system.  after a few hours when I go into offline mode and try and click any of the albums i get 'something went wrong' but playlists work fine.  I was told to sort out making sure my phone doesn't optimise or get rid of the cashe but looks like it hasn't worked as is now happening again=if it helps my wife just put my account on the duo (I was previously a student before dropping to the free version for a bit, and I had two different accounts-to which the email version is closed down now so now I have just my main account).  if anyone can help with sorting this out before an update does that'd be great.

Suggested posts