Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android Auto Radio Stations

Solved!

Android Auto Radio Stations

I currently have 2 Fords with SYNC 3 (2017 Fusion Sport and 2017 Explorer Sport) in which I use Andriod Auto (AA) every time I'm in them from my S8+. This issue also dates back to when I first got my Fusion (late 2016) and was useing my S7 Edge. When I use the AA interface to play music if I select Radio no stations will often show up (like maybe once in 10 trips it will populate). I can tap Genre Stations but then its a blank list. Lately if I was listening to something on Spotify and I tap Radio then My Mixes (or maybe it says My Stations?) the car would switch back to FM like Spotify crashed. I then have to disconnect my phone from the car (because you cant do anything on the phone while its running AA) and Force Stop Spotify. Then I can plug it back in and use Spotify again. But if I try to select my stations again it will do the same thing. As a work around I have either started the station on my phone before connecting it to the car or listen to playlists instead. But I'm tired of doing this now. I thought maybe it was something with my phone, but then I got a new one with the same issue. Then I thought it might be something with the car but then my wife got a new one and I am still having this issue. Is this something that other have experienced? 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Just wanted to update the community that after almost 50 days and 3 test account later my issue was never resolved. I was supposed to hear back from the technical department (not just customer service) and after repeated requests for an update I decided to cancel my premium membership and switch to Google Play Music. I can't reply to my other post as they have closed it. 

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

I do wish to point out that Spotify Customer Service was easy to work with and I can tell that they tried all that they could to assist with the issue. It seems that their Technical Department is a bit lacking when it comes to communicating with the customer but Customer Service was very responsive. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Just wanted to update the community that after almost 50 days and 3 test account later my issue was never resolved. I was supposed to hear back from the technical department (not just customer service) and after repeated requests for an update I decided to cancel my premium membership and switch to Google Play Music. I can't reply to my other post as they have closed it. 

Marked as solution

I do wish to point out that Spotify Customer Service was easy to work with and I can tell that they tried all that they could to assist with the issue. It seems that their Technical Department is a bit lacking when it comes to communicating with the customer but Customer Service was very responsive. 

Suggested posts