Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

[Android] Run Spotify in Background Alert

Solved!

[Android] Run Spotify in Background Alert

Hello,

I run Spotify on my Galaxy S10 (Android). Every few days I get an alert saying I have not allowed Spotify to run in the background. If I tap on the alert, it goes to the Spotify App settings, but I cannot find anything related to background activity. This pop-up is really annoying! Would most appreciate any help please! Thanks!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I explored further. My Android version is the latest, version 11. I tapped on the Settings (gear) icon, went to Apps, tapped on Spotify. There I tapped on Battery, and turned on "Allow Background Activity." (it was not turned on). Is this the solution? I hope so! I guess I'll find out in the next day or two! And oh, I also tapped on "Mobile data," and allowed both "Allow background data usage" and "Allow data usage while Data Saver Is On." Thanks!

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

I explored further. My Android version is the latest, version 11. I tapped on the Settings (gear) icon, went to Apps, tapped on Spotify. There I tapped on Battery, and turned on "Allow Background Activity." (it was not turned on). Is this the solution? I hope so! I guess I'll find out in the next day or two! And oh, I also tapped on "Mobile data," and allowed both "Allow background data usage" and "Allow data usage while Data Saver Is On." Thanks!

Thank you, this has annoyed me for ages. 😀

Suggested posts