Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

[Android] Too many ads

[Android] Too many ads

Plan

Free

Country

US

Device

Galaxy S10

My Question or Issue

I understand that I'm using the free version of the app and as such I'm going to have to listen to ads but there are way too many. If I'm lucky I can listen to 2 songs before another set of ads begins to play, and it's gotten to the point where the android app has become practically unusable because it seems that all I can listen to are ads. I've had the Spotify app on my phone for years and the amount of ads didn't use to be this bad, I absolutely hate using the mobile Spotify app now because it doesn't allow me to listen to music anymore. It's extremely disappointing to open Spotify in the hopes of listening to music only to be hit with an endless barrage of ads with maybe one or two actual songs in-between.

I have already tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app as well as logging out everywhere before logging back in and neither of those helped with the amount of ads I'm getting.

1 Reply

Hey @radiosttatic,

Thanks for reaching out in the Community about this.

Sorry to hear that you're having such an experience.

Here are some things you can try to avoid - Try to keep the video ad in focus, not navigate to another app, browser, etc. Make sure you're not accidentally clicking the "No, thanks" button when prompted to watch the ad.

If you keep getting ads too frequently reach back to us.

Cheers.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts