Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android Wear 2.0 App won't play / pause

Android Wear 2.0 App won't play / pause

After I start playing music on my phone, I put it in my pocket and continue to control it from my Android Wear 2.0 device. The problem is that everything works fine on the wear app but the play/pause button. I can't pause or play the current song via wear app. This is very annoying since it is the one thing that the app should do properly. Won't this bug be fixed ?

11 Replies

I'm getting this I'm on my Tag connected modular.  Same deal, can start the music but pkay/pause will not work after this.  The watch acts like its paused but the music continues...

Same here.. 

Same issue here, Huawei Watch 2 & Samsung S7, bluetooth headphones. Can skip tracks, but play/pause doesn't work on watch and on headphones.

Same here, Huawei Watch 1.0 w/ Samsung S7. Must be a bug. 

Same here on Fossil Q Gen 2

... same her with Huawei Mate 8 and Huawei watch.

Additionally, I found this problem only occurs when my phone has the screen switched off. I press the pause button on my watch - no reaction. If I unlock the phone afterwards, the music is paused.

My first idea was that perhaps Spotify is being deactivated by a background app killer (android power management), but this is not the case.

Really annoying ...

I just found a solution which solved the problem for me.

In Spotify, there is a switch in the technical settings which enables other appications to access spotify. In German, it is "Übertragungsstatus", meaning something like "transmission status" in English.

It was set to "off", I switched it to "on" an now everything seems to be working perfectly allright.

I can't see that setting in my Spotify App. Where is it exactly ?

In the German version of Spotify it is just below the volume setting ...

IMG_20180407_123110.png

First thought that it solved the problem for me as well. But unfortunatelly, one day later its not working again. At least it helps a little - skipping tracks is possible again, which didn't work on my device for a few weeks now. So, thank you for the hint!

But the play/pause button still doesn't work.

This is getting really frustrating 😞

I don't have this option, it's weird.

Suggested posts