Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android app login failure

Solved!

Android app login failure

I get the message "you already created an account with that email address" when I try to log in. Is this the same fault that requires me to delete the app, wipe my sd carf, spin around three times and bark like a chicken? I see lots of reports of issues with the android app so I assume it's a feature :). I also can't log into the desktop app as it says my password is wrong but on my other PC it's fine. Seems to me that there is a heck of a lot of flakiness.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

It turns out that you use your EMAIL address to log into the website but you have to use your USERNAME to log into the app (mobile or desktop). There is no documentation I could find that explicitly states that there is this glaring inconsistency in how you log in.

On the desktop app it just told me that my username/password combination was incorrect (yet I could log in to the website with my email address and password), on the Android app it just tells you that your email address is already registered (no **bleep**, sherlock). So, what with misleading error messages, and an inconsistent application of username vs email address to log in with, I have come to the comclusion that this service is a load of rubbish and I will find another way to play my BBC playlister collection.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

It turns out that you use your EMAIL address to log into the website but you have to use your USERNAME to log into the app (mobile or desktop). There is no documentation I could find that explicitly states that there is this glaring inconsistency in how you log in.

On the desktop app it just told me that my username/password combination was incorrect (yet I could log in to the website with my email address and password), on the Android app it just tells you that your email address is already registered (no **bleep**, sherlock). So, what with misleading error messages, and an inconsistent application of username vs email address to log in with, I have come to the comclusion that this service is a load of rubbish and I will find another way to play my BBC playlister collection.

Suggested posts