Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android heart issues

Android heart issues

In android Spotify my heart icon says "added to liked songs" then the heart doesn't change color. Tapping the heart again has the same message. This issue doubles as I have to enter my liked playlist and remove the song if I want to unlike a song. Would a reinstall help? My Spotify is premium and up to date.

10 Replies

Hey @dfwadawdawdwaw,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community.

Yes, a clean reinstall usually helps in such cases. Such behavior is usually caused by damaged app files and this is a simple way to restore the integrity of all files. You can follow the steps here.

If that doesn't fix things, we'd appreciate screenshots of how a song appears at your end in an album and in the Liked Songs playlist. Make sure to also include the make, model, OS version and exact Spotify version of your phone.

Hope this helps. Let us know how you get on.

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Reinstall worked for a bit but now it's back to it's issue. 

This is on the Note 9 Sm960U on Android 10. I'm on Spotify 8.6.48.796

Screenshot_20210803-004626_Spotify.jpg
Screenshot_20210803-004636_Spotify.jpg
Screenshot_20210803-004615_Spotify.jpg

Hey @dfwadawdawdwaw,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop ๐Ÿ™‚

In case you're using an SD card, you can try removing it, reinstall Spotify and then try running the app without the SD. Sometimes the SD card can lead to issues with the cache.

It's also a good idea to try on another device to check if that makes a difference. Are there any changes?

Keep us posted.

Ver Moderator

No SD card. Haven't had this issue on desktop

Hi there @dfwadawdawdwaw,

Thank you for your reply.

In this case we suggest that you contact our customer support and ask them to remove and possible corrupt device since we don't have that kind of access directly from our end.

Let us know how everything work after you've been in contact with our customer support ๐Ÿ™‚

Take care!

JeremyModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music ๐Ÿ™‚

I have the same problem. I think the issue is related to the play queue. Songs previously left in the play queue are experiencing this issue, newly added songs are not. The version is 8.6.56.867. OS is Android 10.

How to reproduce:

1. Add a song to the play queue.

2. Add another song to the play queue.

3. Add another song to the play queue.

4. When #1 song is playing, tap the heart icon. --> not changed.

5. When #2 song is playing, tap the heart icon. --> not changed.

6. When #3 song is playing, tap the heart icon. --> changed.

It seems that a queue-inserting action makes trouble for previously added songs.

Hi @esrevinu,

Welcome to the Community and thank you for posting.

We followed the steps you shared and were able to reproduce the issue. However, we noticed that even though songs #1 and #2 didn't show any change after tapping on the Heart button, they were added to Liked songs. 

To start, let us know if you've followed the troubleshooting steps shared in this thread. If the issue persists, please share with us the make and model of your phone, this way we can keep investigating. 

Keep us posted. 

MafeGModerator

Hi @MafeG,

@MafeG wrote:

However, we noticed that even though songs #1 and #2 didn't show any change after tapping on the Heart button, they were added to Liked songs. 

That is what this issue states.

I don't know what the troubleshooting steps are. Do you mean that I have to do a clean install and take screenshots? If you can reproduce the issue, why do I need to do those?

My phone is Sony Xperia Z5 compact. OS is LineageOS 17.1 unofficial (Android 10). Spotify app's version is 8.6.56.867.

Hey there @esrevinu,

Thank you for your swift reply.

Even if we were able to replicate the same steps, we need to perform some basic troubleshooting to identify the root of the issue in case this needs to be reported.

With this said, @Mihail and @Ver shared a couple of steps. Please give them a try and let us know how they go. 

We'll be on the lookout.

MafeGModerator

I fixed my issue with this close spotify on ur phone and then hold down on the app icon go to ur info and down to storage then clear ur cache and it fixed my issue and now it's working again had the same exact problem 

Suggested posts