Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Anroid App Closed (Minimized) But Still Plays Music

Anroid App Closed (Minimized) But Still Plays Music

Hi! I am having a strange issue with my Spotify app in an Android device. When I click on 'your music' section the application minimized itself but the music continues playing. I can also manage what it's being played with another device using the 'connect' feature and works well. If I try to open it, it minimizes itself quickly. However, I could browse, play lists and do anything else keeping the app open, but when I press on 'you music' section it minimized itself. I can also manage to pause, change to next or previous song and play again by opening the tray feature or when the device is locked.

I have reinstalled the app several times (rebooting the system before reinstalling, doing an device clean up also) but same thing happened.

This started to happen with the latested application update from last week (15-Dec).

Hope you can help me with this.

Thanks,

4 Replies

Can you try a clean install following this guide:

[GUIDE] How to fix common issues for Spotify on Android

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

Thanks for your help. I have tried several clean installs (maybe not exactly as described in your post). Actually I have completely reset my tablet to the factory defaults and still having the issue.

However, I found something peculiar. The problem seems to be with the 'your music' interface specifically. By chance I noticed that, when I have my tablet physically horizontal it minimized, and there is the issue, but when I have it physically vertical it keeps open and working fin. So it looks that there is something wrong with the right pane in under the 'your music' section. As I originally mentioned the application never stops running, if I am playing music it continues.

Thanks,

I recommend you contact Spotify Support using the form here.

You will get an automated reply at first, however if you need to chase them just reply to the email as it does get monitored.

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

Thanks. Will give it a try and let you know.

Suggested posts