Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

App crash when sorting/filtering podcasts

App crash when sorting/filtering podcasts

Plan

Premium

Country

United Kingdom

Device

Google Pixel 8

Operating System

Android 14

Version

My Question or Issue

Spotify is crashing whenever I try to sort or filter a podcast. Whichever podcast I go into, if I try to change the sort order or filter to unplayed episodes it immediately crashes. When I open the app again the sorting/filtering has reset, which I would expect if I had closed the app myself but is very frustrating when I'm trying to find unplayed episodes to listen to from a podcast I've been listening to out of order.

This has started in the last few days - noticed it today but haven't tried to use the functionality since the middle of last week - likely not since app was updated on 8th Oct.

2 Replies

Hey there @vagueonthehow

Thanks for getting in touch about this and welcome to the Community! 

We tried this on our end, but we couldn't replicate it. In this case, it's well worth running a clean reinstall of the app to get rid of any cached files that might be causing trouble. 

If this doesn't do the trick, could you ask a friend or a relative to log in to their account on your phone to see if they can replicate this behavior with their account?

Lastly, we'd recommend checking if the OS of your phone has any pending updates. 

Keep us posted.  

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

I'm pretty sure this is a bug as I'm also on Android 14 and this just started happening to me a few days ago. I'm going to downgrade for now just so I can get some functionality back.

If it's worth anything, I'm also on the premium plan and I'm also on a Google Pixel, though mine is a 6a.

Suggested posts