Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

App opens on my phone when playing spotify on my computer

App opens on my phone when playing spotify on my computer

Plan

Premium

Country

UK

Device

Moto g5+

Operating System

Android 7.0

Spotify App version

8.4.70.666 armV7

My Question or Issue

When I play spotify via my computer, the spotify App on my phone opens and I can see the song that is being played. It doesn't actually start playing out loud on my phone (it keeps playing on my laptop) but it does display what is being played. Also, when I switch to another song or pause/start the music, the screen on my phone turns on with the spotify App message showing the new song or that I paised/played.

This has been happening when the laptop and phone are using different internet connects. My laptop uses the wifi or hardwired connection and my phone uses 4g.

Is there a way to stop the App from popping up in this way?

Thanks.

4 Replies

Spotify team, is there any way to stop this?

Thanks.

Hey @frank55.

Thanks for reaching out on the Community about this. We're here to help you out 🙂

You should be able to prevent these notifications from popping up on your phone by going to Settings > Notifications > Spotify and then either:

• select 'Don't show notifications at all' under the 'On the lock screen' option, or
  • select 'Block all' at the top

Let us know how it goes! If you still need help, we'll be right here 🙂

Hi Peter,

Thanks for your reply.

Doing this would also block the notifications when I am using Spotify on my phone. I only want to block the notifications on my phone it when I am using Spotify on the computer.

Thanks.

Hey again @frank55,

It seems that your devices are connected through the Connect feature. This can happen if they were the last devices to be connected, even though they don't run on the same network. 

What should work here (in the following order) is that you:

1. Restart your devices.
  2. Log out everywhere.
  3. Reinstall your apps

If that doesn't work for some reason, try connecting your devices to another device, such as a speaker.  

Let us know if that works out for you 🙂

Suggested posts