Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

App responsiveness decreases dramatically on wifi

App responsiveness decreases dramatically on wifi

Plan

Student Premium

Country

USA

Device

Samsung Galaxy FE 5G

Operating System

Android 13

Spotify Version

My Question or Issue

I've noticed that Spotify on my android phone has problems with responsiveness when I'm specifically connected to my wifi. I've narrowed this down to specifically the app version as I've tested Spotify on a Windows and a Linux machine on the same wifi and have had zero issues with responsiveness or playback. This lack of responsiveness manifests as songs playing for a few seconds after I've tried pausing, skipping or even outright closing the app and I've also had problems with trying to play specific times as the app doesn't respond to me trying to skip forward or backward to a specific moment in a song for several seconds. I've cleared my cache and storage for Spotify along with uninstalling the app and making sure there wasn't any leftover files floating around in my android's system files and then reinstalled the app and have continued to have the same issue. This responsiveness issue also happens regardless of if I'm playing back content that's been downloaded or not so I'm lead to believe that it has something to do with the current build on my device not playing nice with my wifi for some reason. I'm hoping this information can help someone either guide me to a fix or something because me listening to Spotify on data really isn't a viable workaround. 

2 Replies

Hey @Doug-Dimmadome,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and welcome.

We appreciate all the info you've included in your post. In order to continue investigating this odd behavior, would you mind trying with a different Wi-Fi connection to see if it makes any difference?

Also, it would be great if you could have someone log in with their account on your device - such as a friend or a family member, to see if the issue persists.

Lastly, could you check on a different mobile device (using your own account and the same Wi-Fi network) to see if it happens again? If you don't have another mobile device available, you can borrow one from the same friend/family member to test it out.

We'll be on the lookout. 

OscarDCModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Apologies for the late reply, life's been kind of insane lately but I've finally managed to get around to doing the requested testing and noticed my device on my regular wifi was the common issue and on a seperate wifi it was fine which made me wonder what was going on. I went back into my router and tried swapping from the 5GHz band to the 2.4 GHz band and responsiveness on wifi seems fine now. I'm slightly annoyed that I can't stay on the higher frequency band for my music but I don't know if that's something that can be fixed on the development end. Apologies again for the long wait time for a reply and thank you for reaching out!

Suggested posts