Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Audio cuts out after each song on radio

Audio cuts out after each song on radio

I've been having this problem for a LONG time. After each song while listening to the radio the audio cuts out.  I have to pause and hit play again before the audio returns. 

I've replaced my phone 3 times. Samsung Note 2. The problem has occured on each phone just as described. 

I deleted the app and reinstalled and the problem still exists. 

This also occured on my iphone before I got the Note 2. I had 2 iphones and it occured on both. 

Why does this continue to happen? It's really spotty. Sometimes it works fine. It will play 5-20 songs without missing a beat and then suddenly it stops feeding audio. So I hit pause then play and the audio is back.  I have a premium membership.  

5 Replies

Hi. This is likely some communication issue if it only happens with radio. Can you confirm that it works correctly when playing downloaded music.

I'm also having this problem - not only with radio.

Are you having this problem with downloaded tracks?  As jwylot mentioned, this might be a communication issue between your device and the Spotify servers.  If you're having this problem with streaming (either radio or streaming a playlist) but not with downloaded music, it sounds like a connectivity problem.  If you're having this problem with downloaded tracks that are cached on your device, then it sounds like a different issue.

Playlists, Artists, and everything but the radio works fine. It's only the radio that cuts out.  I thought it was a connectivity error as well but why do the other features work flawlessly? 

@aschopper wrote:

Playlists, Artists, and everything but the radio works fine. It's only the radio that cuts out.  I thought it was a connectivity error as well but why do the other features work flawlessly? 

OK so I'm still thinking it may be connectivity. If you've been listening to radio over wifi and your data plan will stand it, can you see how it goes with wifi turned off? Otherwise, can you maybe try on another Wifi?

Oh, another thing worth trying is to turn off gapless and crossfade in the settings.

Let me know how this goes. 

Suggested posts