Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Auto start app in car and play music

Auto start app in car and play music

Plan

Premium

Country

Hungary

Device

Rockchip PX6 (SYGAV Android 9.0 for Mitsubishi Lancer/EVO)

Operating System

Android 9.0

My Question or Issue

Hey everyone,

So about a year ago I bought a the above Android Car Radio. I started to use Spotify on it right away. Since the moment I bought it, normally Spotify not starts automatically and play the music after I turn the ignition and the "tablet" starts up. In the past I could easily fix this by just tapping the "next" or "previous" button on my steering wheel. But since about a few updates, that stopped working too. When I'm tapping it, the car radio just telling me that "Spotify player is not running". I have to manually launch the app on the radio and then either tap the radio itself to play the music or using the steering wheel buttons.

I'm looking for a solution so that every time I start my car, even after turning the ignition key so that the car radio receives electricity and starts up, it would automatically start the app and start playing music.

Keep in mind that all of my playlists and songs are saved to offline on the device so normally, shared internet connection would not be necessary. But either way my phone is always sharing the mobile network towards my car, and bluetooth connection is active too all the time because of calling. 

Anyone has some sort of solution maybe or any idea?

Thanks in advance!

8 Replies

Hey there @Spyke91,

Thanks for reaching out about this here and welcome to the Community!

If the functionality has been working before, you might be able to fix it by trying some basic troubleshooting, like reinstalling the app and making sure your firmware is up to date on both your phone and car radio.

Keep in mind that the autostart function is dependent on the way a device is configurated to interact with the app API, we therefore recommend you reach out to your device manufacturer for help how to set up your device autoplaying when you connect to your car.

Alternatively, you can consider using an app that allows you to set up rules in order to automatically open Spotify and play music when connecting to your car stereo.

Hope you'll find this info useful.

XeniaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi,

"Alternatively, you can consider using an app that allows you to set up rules in order to automatically open Spotify and play music when connecting to your car stereo." you mentioned this, what apps are you referring to exactly?
" reach out to your device manufacturer" the device itself doesn't matter. It's a tablet. Runs Android 9.0. The same OS as any other phone these days can. So this sentence in this case not helping nor have any sense.

Hi @Spyke91,

Thanks for the reply.

The Spotify app for car radios and integrated onboard systems is developed by the manufacturer, using Spotify API. This is why we recommened turning to them to check if this autostart setting was changed in a recent update.

As @Xenia has recommended, it's always good to try reainstalling the Spotify app on the device and clearing the app cache. 

Keep us posted on how you get on.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Okay thanks.

And what about this one? "Alternatively, you can consider using an app that allows you to set up rules in order to automatically open Spotify and play music when connecting to your car stereo."

I wanna try other alternatives.

Hi there @Spyke91

Thanks for getting back to us. 

The apps to use for this depends on the device's make you're using. For example, on Samsung devices you can use Bixby, but there's also a variety of free and paid apps such as IFTTT, Condi, Tasker and more. 

Let us know how it goes.

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Hi @Eni,
Tasker seems to be my best solution I think, I just need to buy it at figure out the app.

I tried to get contact with the manufacturer as Alex suggested. However I don't know which should, SYGAV or Rockchip. Although I think it's Rockchip, since SYGAV only creates the radio frames and puts together the tablet and the frame for specific cars. Problem is I couldn't find any support page for Rockchip. 😞

Hey @Spyke91,

Thanks for your reply.

I did a little research for you and could find a website here of the company which is manufacturing the Rockchip products. Take a look and if you wish you could contact them via the details provided in the webpage.

Hope you find this useful. If you need anything else, the Community is here for you.

Kiril Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Hi,
Yes. I did find this page too. Their official page. However no support section and no direct mail contact option to any help or info mail. I only found one "service" mail. Perhaps that will do it.

Suggested posts