Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Bluetooth usage

Bluetooth usage

Is there a way to have spotify not empty my playlist when I disconnect from a bluetooth audio device? Also, Spotify seems to get into a "bad state" where no music will play even after I select it. I like to play my offline playlists via bluetooth to my car, but when I get out of my car and the bluetooth disconnects, the now playing playlist get's emptied.

So now, when I get back into my car, I cannot just hit play on my bluetooth system, I have to kill the spotify app (because now it won't play audio no matter what), relaunch it, reselect my playlist, and than start playing. Rather annoying. 

Other music players do not have this problem.

16 Replies

I can confirm this unsatisfying behaviour.

And: After upgrading from Android 2.3.6 to 4 von my Nexus S situation got  even worse a bit. When manually starting a song from a playlist Spotify stops (sometimes, not always) playback after the first song. I have to press the Next key, then the playlist keeps playing. Strage. I did not see this on 2.3.6.

spa

I'm also having this same issue. Have to kill app or even sometimes reset phone to get music playing again when I turn my car off and BT disconnects. Also if a phone call comes in the best case scenario is that i have to skip to the next song to get it to play again. Why can't it just pick up from where it left off?

Yep, this is REALLY frustrating.

It did it on the old app, now it does it on the new one.

It's almost enough to make me want to get an iphone instead.

Eh, I just canceled. Voted with my dollar. When this is fixed I will try again.

The iphone version has its own issues. Tried the app with my iPod touch.

When you cancerous you get the opportunity to explain why? Hope so - they need the feedback
----------------
Listening on Windows, Android and Sonos. Tweeting it at @davelicence

I do also have this issue since I use my Desire HD with my car Bluetooth.

It also fails some time when listening to music and taking a call through my car audio, when I hang up the call the music SOMETIMES start again, but most often it doesn't. I have to quit Spotify and start it again.

Sometimes I have to turn of bluetooth and turn it on again on the phone, for it to play from spotify (even though I can recieve calls with no problem)

A newbie question. Do I have to have spotify in "paused mode" on my htc desire hd when entering my car. And then when the car is up and running I connect my phone with the bluetooth and it is supposed to automatically continuous playing?

Or how are it supposed to work?

Cheers!

Samsung Galaxy SII

Hi,m

when your mobile is playing music while your are connecting them to your car the music is taken over by the car and will immediately heared in the car.

When your mobile is paused while your are connecting them to your car your have to press a play button, either on the mobile or on your car.

Consider the bluetooth connection as an active loudspeaker with capability to control the playback as there are pause, play, track forward, track backward and volume up/down.

spachner

Ok tnx for clarifying that ๐Ÿ™‚

The only trouble I have (as many others it seems) is that it doesn't always come any sound. The player is running fine but no sound ๐Ÿ˜ž

Sometimes it works though.

Cheers!

Samsung Galaxy SII

Yesterday a new release could be download on my Android (0.5.4.73). I was hoping that this stupid bug is finally gone. But sadly - it is still there. Once you have stopped playing music in the car and come back the Spotify App does still not remember was is have played before...

It's hard to believe that this bug is not addressed by Spotify.

Do the programmers themselved do not have a car and want to hear the same music without select the same titel again. What an annoying bug since month.

spachner

It's annoying as hell...

I simply cannot get in my car without selecting my playlist every time again and again and again...

Do something about it!

this is not happening with your car only.

I have the exact same problem on my laptop!

I use a bluetooth device (Belkin) to connect my laptop to my speakers via bluetooth. However, every time Im using Spotify and switch on the bluetooth connection with the speakers, the computer connection goes down.

Spotify then shows me the error 114

Hey there folks!

I use Bluetooth headphones Creative WP-350 with my Spotify Premium in Android phone and in Windows laptop. Read more about this in my signature, if you want to know models. In both Bluetooth and I can listen with my headphones in laptop and smartphone from Spotify without problems or intterruptions.

I would say that you have way too bad Bluetooth model or something like this. Please ensure you have newest possible Bluetooth drivers in your devices.

Hey there again,

Listening Spotify with Bluetooth, no problems!

Spotify for Desktop and Bluetooth headphones

Happy new ear to everyone!

hguru, while I appreciate the response, you have ignored the issue at hand. 

Not that I am holding my breath, if it hasn't been fixed yet, it probably won't be fixed. 

@hpguru wrote:

Hey there again,

Listening Spotify with Bluetooth, no problems!

Spotify for Desktop and Bluetooth headphones

Happy new ear to everyone!

Wow, that was time when I had Windows on my laptop... Lovely picture. Now I have Linux on it.

Suggested posts