Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Booting to white screen and will not open APP

Booting to white screen and will not open APP

I used spotify for almost 2 months on my android phone with no issues. recently however when I have gone to open the app it boots to a white screen and does not open. eventually after sitting on the white screen so long it will force close the app with an error that it couldnt open. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app about 5-6 times now with no avail. If any one can tell me what may be causing this issue it would be extremely helpful. I am almost at the point of ending my subscription to spotify as my phone if where I listen to it the most and without it working its not really worth paying the $10 a month.

11 Replies

Hi there. Sounds possible that the data has become corrupted. Try the troubleshooting steps here http://community.spotify.com/t5/Mobile-Android/Troubleshooting-Spotify-on-Android/td-p/113082
----------------
Listening on Windows, Android and Sonos. Tweeting it at @davelicence

I am having a similar problem. When I open the application I get a black screen, at the beggining says Spotify but then it goes away and it is just show the little menu on the top left corner (when I push it does nothing). I have tried reinstalling the app like 4 times but it has not worked. I have also restarted my phone and checked if there is any update pending but nothing. I want to continue using spotify it is a great app and I really dont know what is going on with it now. =/

I would really appreciate your help.

I'm having that exact problem as well. Any suggestions?

same problem here

And here

The black screen

Hey guys, does killing the app from the recent apps screen and restarting it (maybe a couple of times) work?

It would help if you could post:

• Make and model of your device
  • Android version
  • Spotify version
  • Whether you use an external SD card

Galaxy Note 3
Newest
Newest
Internal for spotify, external but not for spotify

Ok, my problem was solved. It was a fb-login related issue. Facebook android app had an update that had fb crash all the time I think it caused the spotify the blank screen as well. Later fb had an update and it works flawlessly again. I think if you have the same problem and have your spotify account linked to fb, go to playstore and update the facebook-app.

My problem has not yet been resolved, this starting to get rather annoying

*this is

Suggested posts