Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Can't listen to songs added directly from the computer on my phone

Can't listen to songs added directly from the computer on my phone

Since not every single song is available on Spotify, I've been using my computer to download them from the internet and use them on the app. I've done that for a while but recently, it hasn't been working as it should. I can still save the song on my account and listen to it through my computer, but I cant do it on my phone, the song pops as 'unavailable' and I cant do anything with it. Can't listen to it, can't put it on any playlists, can't download it (even though I turned the 'download' button on in the computer, it still didn't download on the phone). I was hoping somebody could help 🙂

Here are a few images of what's happening. My Spotify is in Portuguese, but it basically says ''waiting to download'', even though the download button is turned on, and it shows what I said about not being able to do anything with the song, after clicking in the '3 dots'.

1wFv3vG.png
7zoBsq5.png
1 Reply

"Waiting to download" indicates that your mobile can't establish a connection with the desktop client. Here's a list of stuff to check.

• Your PC and mobile must be connected to the same Network/SSID and spotify should be running on your PC.
  • In your router settings, check that UPnP (Universal Plug and Play) is enabled.
  • Make sure that Windows shows your network as private and not public.
  • Set exceptions for spotify in any firewall or internet security programme. If you are unsure how to do this, temporarily disable them.
  • Check that you haven't already hit the limit of 3,333 downloads per device or 9,999 downloads across all devices.
  • If you are using a wifi network outside of your home, there is every chance that the protocols used by spotify for downloading are blocked.

If you still can't make it work, you can create a mobile hotspot on your mobile and connect your PC to this hotspot via wifi. Syncing the local files should then work.

Suggested posts