Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Can't log in cause I'm in a "different country"

Solved!

Can't log in cause I'm in a "different country"

When I try to log in to spotify it says that I'm trying to log in from another country and I'm in germany as I have always been, what can I do to solve the problem

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

@alonso - Sounds like your IP address is locating to the UK for some reason. It is worth double checking here?

http://www.maxmind.com/en/locate_my_ip

@lonchork - The support team should be able to lend a hand to get you up and running again if you could get in touch with them directly using the online contact form.

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Alternatively, if you prefer support via Twitter, please tweet @SpotifyCares.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

29 Replies

Is your country set correctly on your online profile?
https://www.spotify.com/account/profile/

Peter

When I want to change my country it just gives me 2 options, peru and uk, im from peru but im currently living in germany and I cant change it

yes it is, but i still cant log in

Marked as solution

@alonso - Sounds like your IP address is locating to the UK for some reason. It is worth double checking here?

http://www.maxmind.com/en/locate_my_ip

@lonchork - The support team should be able to lend a hand to get you up and running again if you could get in touch with them directly using the online contact form.

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Alternatively, if you prefer support via Twitter, please tweet @SpotifyCares.

Peter

I am having the same issue. IE is correct, and my IP is IE. Still not working.

I'm having the exact promblem with @alonso 

I've checked my IP address and it is not UK but locating to Korea, where I am now. But still whenever I try to change my profile it only shows UK as the option. I just need to login to see my playlists but it's driving me crazy.

Any solutions?

I have the same problem in venezuela and i cant switch my country to venezuela so idk

Change the current location on your Facebook account with which you log in to Spotify with.

I'm a Spotify user residing in Australia but currently overseas in Japan - experiencing the same issue! It seems to me that Spotify is terribly incompatible for users who travel overseas regularly... must be an absolute nightmare for European users who may cross borders on a monthly or even weekly basis.

yes this is extremely frustrating! I live in the UK but visiting australia. from what i undrstand the only way to 'change countries' is to change my account details - payment method. That's ridiculous!!!

This is how I fixed this:

Log in to your Spotify account on the web: www.spotify.com. Go to your Account Setting then edit the Country Setting. Change it to the CURRENT country where you are currently residing. DO NOT use VPN that is hosted in another country as it will mask the real location and will just confuse spotify and will not show the real country you are on.

I was previously in Canada (Premium account) and had to change my Spotify Account's country setting to the current one i'm on right now in order to login to Spotify again. Btw, I lost my premium subscription in the process because I obtained it via a Canadian Telco, FYI.

After spending half an hour fooling around with this (have no VPN, no complicated issue) still isn't working. C'mon, it is 2016 and you guys cant get the login to work correctly? Not worth having to email some helpdesk multiple times, simply switching to another music service.

Me too! I can't log in at all. I opened my Spotify when I was in Mexico but I was just there for a year so I came back to Turkey. But I can't open my account here. Worse I'll be studying in the USA starting this august so it's another country. That means I don't have a chance to change my location for now or something. I need a greater solution! As soon as possible please!

Can't log in cause I'm in a different country right now

• f you’re a Free customer, remember you can only use Spotify abroad for 14 days at a time. Please reconnect to Spotify from the country you signed up in, or change your country setting.
  • Close and reopen the app.

I have the same exact problem. In desperate need of help

I made my account from the uk and boat some gift cards to redeem after I got home I didn't know that I base to be in the uk so when I got back home (Kuwait) I couldn't log in my account and redeem my account

@Bineid305 I believe you're going to have to use a VPN set to the UK to access your free spotify account and to redeem your gift cards. Once they've been redeemed and your account is premium, you shoulld be able to use spotify without the need for a VPN.

Search google for help with VPNs.

Thank you very much

Suggested posts