Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Can`t operate spotify over my bluetooth headset

Solved!

Can`t operate spotify over my bluetooth headset

Hello,

last week I saved my spotify offline songs on my sd card because my phone storage was to small.

Since I did this I can`t operate spotify over my bluetooth headset and over my Zenec Radio in my car.

On top of that I can`t see the tracks and the interpret now. Befor all that works.

When I now try to press next at my bluetooth headset another music player starts playing.

Do anyone have an idea? Is it the problem that i saved my songs on the sd card.

Greetings

Silas

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

For your information, this bug is solved in last version 4.6. I've upgraded from 3.5 to 4.6 and I don't have any issue for now (except that the app is still very slow or can't connect/find anything like the wifi or 3G is not available).

View solution in original post

29 Replies

Sounds like the other music app has hooked into the Bluetooth controls and won;t let go. Can you try uninstalling t and seeing if Spotify now works again? If it's your stock music player then try disabling it in app settings.

It doesn't sound like the fact you've moved the songs to the SD card would affect this, so don't worry about that

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

It`s a system application from huawei and i can`t uinstalling it. I can`t disabling it, too.

I don`t know... i never change something in the default settings.

I install the app "bluetooth connect and play" to make that spotify plays, if there is a bluetooth connection but it doesn`t work 😞

Are you sure you can't disable it?

On your phone go to the settings app in the app drawer then open 'Applications'. Scroll right to 'All' then find your music player. Tap on it and you should be able to tap 'Disable'.

If it's still not working usually a clean install is the first step to take and resolves most of the usual issues; the guide details the steps to take to ensure a full 'clean installation' is achieved - This includes checking redundant folders and a REBOOT!

Android Troubleshooting:

Thank you.

I was wrong. Of course I can disable it. I cleared all data and now the App is 0 byte big. Now I can`t disable it because I can`t  select "disable"  but I think that the Player is disabled. I hope it is better now. I will try it later.

Good luck, please let me know how you get on. You can also try 'Force Stop' to close it if it's still interferring

Android Troubleshooting:

It's Unbelievable. I still can't operate with the Radio and the Bluetooth headset. But at least~ the system music player don't start....I don't understand it. Alle worked perfectly last week...

Hi I have same problem with my Headset button now i can't control spotify with it. Looks like problem after last update when you look to your system you are not able set spotify as default music player. Every functions as my button and your bluetooth are working with default players.

Do you or anyone else have a solution?

Greetings

Try older version of app and turn off updates for now until fixed version
will be released

Which Version do you have now?

With the latest Spotify update i cant control Spotify on my car radio. Cant see song information on the screen or even scroll songs what i could do before the update. Tried reinstalling the software but it didnt help. Please fix it Spotify team!

It`s unbeliveable. I installed an older version and the all worked fine. The spotify made an update and it still worked.

But then suddenly I wanted to hear music over my Zenec radio. The Honor 6 connected well but I had not yet started spotify. I press the button next on my Multifunction steering wheel and the Musik App started to play any ringtone. I closed the music app, open spotify and tried to operate it with the Multifunction steering wheel, but it doesn`t work. Andy now i can`t see again the ID Tags.

I don`t know whats the problem.

I went back to using version 3.5, because with version 3.6 i cant see music ID on car system or change songs using steering wheel buttons. Wont update Spotify until they fix it ... maybe v 3.7?

Phone Huawei Honor 4x

Where did you find the 3.5 version ?
I have 3.7 and it isn't fixed yet.

Confirmed too. 3.7 and 3.6 mess with my car stereo, 3.5 works! Please fix this issue!

I've uninstalled v3.7 and installed v3.5. Unfortunately, the app won't
start. I get a black screen and then it returns to the home screen...

It's finally working after a second reinstallation of the v3.5.
Thanks

Suggested posts