Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Can't save on SD Card

Can't save on SD Card

Plan

Premium

Country

Germany 

Device

Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge

Operating System

Android 8.0.0

My Question or Issue

I am not able to save my downloaded songs to a SD Card for more than a couple of minutes.

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling spotify a couple times, and everytime there's the setting "Storage" (or something close to that, i don't use Spotify in English), where i can change from internal storage to my SD Card. But that only works for a couple minutes. After some time it disappears and Spotify just acts as if i dont have an SD Card connected. My phone recognizes my SD Card though, it's only Spotify what seems to have a problem with it. The weird thing, which i dont understand is, that my SD Card gets recognized after un- and reinstalling the App, but after a short period of time, only the internal storage is shown and the option to switch from Internal Storage to SD Card just disappears.

I would appreciate if anybody could give me some input on that...

Sorry for my bad english and thanks for the help!

1 Reply

I have this exact issue. 

SD card is able to be recognized by other apps, for example, my Netflix offline downloads are stored there, photos, etc., but not spotify. 

If I unmount and remount the sd card, it works for a time, then switches to internal storage and the SD card is no longer an option for storage.

Using a Galaxy Tab A and new SD card.

Any help anyone!?!

Suggested posts