Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Cant be this hard to play downloaded music in Airplane mode on my Android when it works on iPhone

Cant be this hard to play downloaded music in Airplane mode on my Android when it works on iPhone

So i have a Galaxy S3 and an iPhone 5s.  I travael alot and dont always have an active connection.  To combat this I download my primary playlilsts to my devices and then bring up Spotify when Im ready to relax with some music.  Works absolutely fine on my iPhone, but due to space restrictions, I have more space on my Galaxy.

The problem is when I launch Spotify with no connection, ie. airplane mode, I cant get past the login screen. It wants me to sign up or login, both of which I cannot do since I have no connection...the whole reason I downloaded 500 songs a few hours ago.  When I do the same thing on my iPhone, it takes me directly to my music.  Why does it not do this for the Android version on my S3?  What am I missing?

Maybe I am just tired and not thinking straight, but it seems like this would be a major drawback to using the App if to use Offline access you have to have Online access.  Right?  I have read over 100 posts about wipe this out, wipe that out, start up in this order, etc... This is a paid app that should work out of the box.  I should not have to read 100 posts to get simple functionality to work.  If it works on Device A, it should work exaclty as it does on Device B, and if not it should at least WORK on both platforms. 

So what am I missing.  I downloaded 20 tracks to my S3.  Put my phone in Airplane mode and launched Spotify and im greeted with the login/sign up page.  I cant believe that i have to leave my S3 on and spotify on in order to play an offline list.  I tried the same steps on my iphone and it takes straight to My Music in Spotify and I can sttart listening to my music.  How can this be??   And is there no way to get support for a paid app?  Other thank posting to a community board and hoping that someone from the company gets back to me?

Thanks for any help on this, in the interim I will be using my iPhone until the issues are worked out with the Android verison.

2 Replies

I'm not sure there was ever a resolution of this issue. I just tried switching to flight mode then force stopping spotify and it launched fine. Same with rebooting the phone in flight mode. Is there any other app (maybe a cache cleaner of some sort) running on your mobile which could be causing this? What version of spotify are you using?

I cant say what fixed my problem, but I think it may be that I completely uninstalled, searched the entire file system for any remnants of anything containing spotify and then reinstalled.  I downloaded some playlists and I can play them just fine in Airplane mode, foreced Kill Spotify and launched it again and it brought me right back in.  

-Mike

Suggested posts