Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Change Quality of Existing Downloads - No Longer Need to Re-Download???

Change Quality of Existing Downloads - No Longer Need to Re-Download???

Hi. Can anyone confirm the current process to increase the Music Quality of the downloads that are ALREADY ON THE PHONE?? 

I just increased the Music Quality of Download to "Very high" (highest one), and a pop-up said "Improve quality of existing downloads?" with "Let's Go" to affirm, and then nothing obvious happens. Don't see the Storage of downloads just below that increasing or anything else. And if I go back to "Normal" I don't get a prompt, then I get it again going back to "Very high". Does anyone know if it now somehow automatically increases the quality of downloaded songs already on the phone without un-saving them and then re-downloading? 

In all the posts I found previously about this via online searches it says to "Delete cache and download" and then re-download, but now I don't see a "Delete download",  just cache, and then it says downloads will not be deleted. 

Edit: I just downloaded a couple of playlists and re-downloaded them, and the downloaded storage number increased, so I guess you have to go individually un-download and then re-download every downloaded playlist/album/etc.?? Is there a way to do this all at once??? 

Wish it would automatically do that when you change the quality, or at least ask if you want it to do that!!

Thanks for any help!! 

Premium

Motorola MotoX

Android 9

USA

0 Replies

Suggested posts