Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Chromecast Audio not appearing on Devices

Solved!

Chromecast Audio not appearing on Devices

I want to play my Spotify (Premium) account though my ChromeCast Audio device but it doesn't show up on my devices list.

The CCA device is turned on and I have been able to play through my mobile to my CCA but am unable to do so through my laptop. I've disconnected it, stopped all audio and still nothing.

Can anyone help ?

Regards

Dec 🙂 

Using windows 10 and the latest version of spotify.

CCAS.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey dmorrow12j! Thanks for reaching out!

Spotify for Chromecasts is only available for iOS and Android devices at this moment. You can read more about that here. I'm sorry. 

Here is a workaround: Open Spotify Web Player and play your tunes through your chrome browser. Click the cast button from the chromecast extension (top right) - click "cast this tab" to your device. 

Let me know if that's working!

Have a nice day! 🙂

HuboSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

12 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey dmorrow12j! Thanks for reaching out!

Spotify for Chromecasts is only available for iOS and Android devices at this moment. You can read more about that here. I'm sorry. 

Here is a workaround: Open Spotify Web Player and play your tunes through your chrome browser. Click the cast button from the chromecast extension (top right) - click "cast this tab" to your device. 

Let me know if that's working!

Have a nice day! 🙂

HuboSpotify Star

Thank you for the quick reply and solution 😊

I have latest iOS update and still my Iphone won't show up in device list. Do you have any idea why?
I think it is a spotify problem. youtube works very well for instance

Hey @catootje! Thanks for reaching out!

Could you try to restart your Chromecast Audio and your iPhone? Does it work after that? Let me know!

Have a nice day and keep rockin'! 🙂

HuboSpotify Star

Thanks Huib, for your comment.

It's not the chromecast audio, but the tv version. Which also should work with Spotify.

I switcht my phone off and on again and unplugged the cromecast from tv and power.

Still no sign of the Chromecast in the spotify list.

I hope you know another trick?

Hey!

Alright, let's do some troubleshooting! Let's make sure all your devices are on the same Wi-Fi network and all your devices and apps are up-to-date!

Have a nice weekend! 🙂
HuboSpotify Star

Why is this marked as solved??? Far from it.

Hey @JimTCSpot! Thanks for reaching out!

Could you tell me a bit more about your issue? What's happening? Do you see any error messages? Let me know! 🙂

Take care!

HuboSpotify Star

Huib - thanks for the quick reply!
After a frustrating weekend or trying to get this to work (Chromecast Audio + Spotify) I tried it again with another iPhone (with a current operating system) and it came together right away. And then I uninstalled and reinstalled Spotify on a Windows 10 Surface Pro and that worked too! When I get home I'll try again the main computer (Windows 7) and hope that'll now be working as well. I'll keep you posted.
Not sure why making the link with the iPhone ios 10.3 seemed to break the jam but I'm glad it did. I'm also glad BestBuy wasn't open yesterday - otherwise I would have returned the Chromcast Audio puck.

Hey @JimTCSpot!

Great to hear things are going the right way. Just let me know how it goes with your main computer! 🙂

Keep rocking!

HuboSpotify Star

I can just add that I have the same problem.

Spotify won't find my Chromecast Audio without a lot of finicking about and then it might be OK.

All other programs on my PC that can stream to Chromecast have no problem finding it. Same on the phone, all other apps find the Chromecast.

Please fix this problem.

I have even bought the power supply with RJ45 port now, so that the Chromecast is connected to it instead of over wifi.

Win 10 on PC.
Android 7.0 on Samsung mobile.

Please fix!

After I had played from my mobile on the following apps:

• Podcast Addict (which found the Chromcast audio without problems)
  • NRK Radio (which found the Chromcast audio without problems)
  • Tidal (which found the Chromcast audio without problems) 

And on the PC from Chrome then Spotify suddenly decided to find the Chromecast Audio.

It's your implementation of Chromecast that is lacking. I have NO problems with other apps and programs, just Spotify.

Again, please fix. I've been a Spotify premium sub for ages, I love the service and I really don't want to change to Tidal. 

PS! Please also provide "Masters" quality and you would ROCK!

Suggested posts