Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

[Chromecast] Spotify interrupting other casts

[Chromecast] Spotify interrupting other casts

Plan

Student

Country

United States

Device

Samsung Galaxy s10

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

Android Oreo?

My Question or Issue

Whenever I cast Spotify to my Chromecast then I cast another app afterwards like YouTube or Netflix etc. It works ok for a few minutes. Then if I do Anything on my phone like unlock it or change the volume I'm not sure what specifically, Spotify will override the new thing casting and start casting again on the tv. It won't play music but it just loads up the logo like something is about to play.

2 Replies

I've been having this same issue for about a month now. It's quite infuriating to be watching something ie YouTube, Netflix, etc. And Spotify randomly starts up completely destroying my queue. When I queue videos on youtube for instance I'll queue up 10-20 videos that most of which are gone since YouTube had to restart. Unlike mtoner it happens regardless of weather or not Spotify has been used on the Chromecast. It'll occur as long as the app is open on the phone in the background. Spotify  please fix.

Same for me on oneplus 6 and chromecast ultra. For me it helps to force close the Spotify app, then it doesn't occur again unless I start the app up on my phone again. 

Suggested posts