Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Connect for my Android devices not working

Connect for my Android devices not working

I have a Android tablet  running Android 5.1.1 on Spotify version 4.9.0.992.

Connect stoped working for my wife about 3 weeks ago for her account. When I login on the same Anroid tablet with my account

I can use the connect feature but she cannot. I am an employee so we also tried to use the nightly builds and still get the same issue.

Anyone else having issues with connect with an account on an Android? She loged into iOS device and connect worked fine for her account.

2 Replies

Hi @arose80,

Please check that your router allows Spotify in- and outbound and your firewall software allows Spotify in- and outbound.

The following IP ranges should be open on port 4070: 78.31.8.0/21, 193.182.8.0/21.

That number 21 is the prefix length. Please check your router’s manual on how to enter those IP ranges correctly.

Check that Windows (if applicable) firewall allows Spotify in- and outbound

If you have any anti-virus, anti-hack or any other anti-software installed, try to temporarily disable it, just long enough to test your Spotify issue
(Names that come to mind are Norton, McAfee, AVG, etc.)

(On Windows) make sure you start Spotify as admin

Check your router and make sure UPnP is enabled. If it already is, turn it off, then on again

Turn off your router, wait 10 minutes, then turn it back on again

Let me know if it works!

BittencourtSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Mine has been working wonky too this morning and not changing tracks and dropping the connection. Very frustarting. 

Suggested posts