Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Delete song from 2018 top songs

Delete song from 2018 top songs

Just got my 2018 top songs playlist and a few of them are songs that I only listened to once and hated. Any way to delete those out of the playlist. 

8 Replies

Hey @Tim_seger!

You can't modify the original Top 100 playlist. The workaround to modify the playlist is to select all the songs in Top 100 and create a new playlist from the selection. After that you can modify the newly created playlist as you like.

Workarounds are nice, but this is a once a year bonus playlist from Spotify, would be very appreciated to provide the ability to tweak...In my case I listen to newage music sometimes at night to go to sleep, and all these (approx 20) ended up in my 2018 wrapped, MAKES MY WRAPPED UP PLAYLIST COMPLETELY BIZARRE & USELESS.

Absolutely agree. There should be a button available in any dynamicly creared playlist "don't play this song anymore".

Sometimes you get these songs to automatic playlist for no reason. In 2018 playlist, I have some songs that I personally never listened to and don't even like.

Now I have to skip them manually each time I listen to 2018 playlist. Moreover if I don't skip them, Spotify may "think" that I like them and create recomendations based on this

Hi there and Happy New Year, 

Have you discovered a way to correct this on your end? I keep getting prompts to accept the user who suggested to copy a playlist minus songs I don't want over to a new playlist, but this isn't a solution in my books and defeats the whole process!!?

Although I appreciate your desire to help, based on my experience and opinion, this is not an acceptable solution.

A simple way of tweaking/modifying or at the very least deleting some songs in the Wrapped 2018 playlist is all that's needed.

I have this gripe too. Someone(s)  got into my account and created a bunch of playlists and 800+ liked songs. It was easy enough to delete all the liked songs on my desktop app (can't do mass deletes on mobile app - irritating). Playlists were pretty easy to delete too. Whoever got into my account now has all their top music in the 2019 Top Songs and I can't get rid of any of them or delete this list entirely.

Please do something about this.

Hey there @zewkini

Thanks for reaching out to the Community about this. 

If you notice any suspicious activity on your Spotify account, always follow the steps below first:

1. Open the Reset Password form in a private/incognito window and create a new, strong password you haven’t used for another online-service; 

2. Open your Account Page, scroll down and click on SIGN OUT EVERYWHERE.

We also recommend checking this help page on how to protect your Spotify-account. 

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any more questions.

I should have mentioned I signed out of everything and reset my password before deleting all the music that is not mine (at least the stuff I could delete). The 2019 Top Song list was created by Spotify but the list is polluted with songs from whoever broke into my account mixed in with the songs I listened to. I can't delete this list nor any of the music in it. I'm really unhappy about this and I've done everything I can do at this point.

Suggested posts