Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Deleted saved songs, question about restoring them.

Solved!

Deleted saved songs, question about restoring them.

So I accidentally removed all my saved songs from Spotify and the undo feature didn't recover them. I've contacted spotify and I don't think they're able to restore them. I have most of the songs (350/400) saved on an old device that's offline.  The only solution I can think of is to go one by one and add each song to a playlist so that I can bulk re-save them on the desktop version.  Is there any other solution here? Not all the songs in the "My Music" section are downloaded, so if I click download would it actually update the list with those or would I risk losing the list on my offline device?

If I have to go one-by-one I will, but I'd rather not.  Really cursing the Spotify app's lack of ability to multiselect right now, as well as the lack of "trash can".

Thanks for any help. I'll be back to check on this post at 6:15pm ET (12/1/15).

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

@devmetal23

Unfortunately if you removed all the songs from "Your Music" you'll have to add them back

Am I correct in saying that you removed all your saved songs from "Your Music"?

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Hey @devmetal23, Welcome to the community! 🙂

Spotify support are the only people who can recover your songs (If you mean playlists, we can recover deleted playlists, but not removed songs)

I suggest you contact support 🙂

You can contact support on twitter @SpotifyCares Or you can email Support here.

If you receive a No-Reply email that says to check out the FAQ or Community just reply to that email and Spotify support will contact you 🙂

Support takes 24-48 hours to reply to you if they have not replied to you by tomorrow you can ask me here and i will escalate the issue for you 🙂

I hope this helped solve your issue 🙂

Unfortunately they said they were unable to recover my songs.
Marked as solution

@devmetal23

Unfortunately if you removed all the songs from "Your Music" you'll have to add them back

Am I correct in saying that you removed all your saved songs from "Your Music"?

That's correct. I had copied the songs to playlists and accidentally removed them from the playlist and was also unable to undo that. I also tried the restore playlist function on the site with no luck. Right now, I'm manually adding the 350/400 songs to a playlist on my offline device. Annoying, yes, but better than losing my songs. I'm gonna take a moment to just say that SPOTIFY REALLY NEEDS A MULTISELECT FEATURE. It shouldn't be that hard, and people have been begging for it for years. /rant

Suggested posts