Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Deleting music listening history

Solved!

Deleting music listening history

I let my sister use my Spotify account for the better part of a year while I was not using it, and we listen to vastly different music. I am now the sole user of the account and I loved the features where I could get weekly recommendations from Spotify on music based on what I listen to, but even after 2 weeks of listening to the stuff I like, it still only recommends what she listened to. Is there a way to wipe all music history so that I can start a clean slate for recommendations? Wiping cache and app data doesn't work. 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Sharing an account is never a good idea and is a breach of Spotify's T&C. The only way you can wipe the slate is to create a new account.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Sharing an account is never a good idea and is a breach of Spotify's T&C. The only way you can wipe the slate is to create a new account.

Yet another twatish answer on the Spotify support community. I guess Spotify would prefer for them to cancel their account than break the highly important Ts and Cs regarding listening to music. This community is the worst! Every answer is no answer.

Suggested posts