Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Device Available Issues

Device Available Issues

Is anyone else having issues with the newest spotify updating seeing all the devices available? In the past, I have been able to see the other devices that are logged on. Now, is there distance limitation for devices outside a certain range? You used to be able to play music on any unlocked/available devices that are logged onto the same account. Or could it be the other device turned off the availability to share music? Is that possible? I get this little notification in the notification bar saying that something is being listened to on a different phone, but the device is not popping up on devices available. What happened? Help please!

2 Replies

Hello @idontunderstand,

If it pops up saying someone is listening on another device and you have not authorised this, please update your password immediately (https://www.spotify.com/account/change-password/)

Regarding not being able to see the devices, I am unsure about this and will ask someone else to assist you with this 🙂

Hello @idontunderstand. Thanks for posting in the Spotify Community!

It sounds like you're talking about Spotify Connect - the ability to control Spotify on other devices logged into the same account, yeah? If so, I understand your frustration, and have experienced this occasionally myself. Here's what I do to make it work:

1. Close and reopen the Spotify App on any devices I want to use.
  2. Disconnect and reconnect mobile data services if on cell phone.
  3. Reinstall the Spotify App, although I don't usually need to do this.

Normally, simply closing and reopening the app is enough to make Spotify Connect show all available devices that my account is signed into. I believe this happens because cell service isn't all that reliable, at least where I live, and so the connection doesn't always update my online devices. Let me know how this goes for you, and keep on rockin'!

Suggested posts