Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Download troubles

Download troubles

Ok so I have a few problems here, number one is that Spotify keeps removing the download on my music. Yes I've been online within 30 days, no I don't have too many devices registered for offline, I have one which is my phone. About 5times now I've re-installed the app in hopes of fixing this and it usually works but then randomly a few weeks later they're all gone again. Second is I'm now missing the option to change my storage location for my downloaded music. I've looked through the settings menu numerous times and it simply isn't there and it's defaulting to my phone's internal storage which doesn't have enough space, nevermind the performance impact of filling that up. Anyone got a fix for me?

9 Replies

I have the same problem.  It said I've downloaded on more than 3 devices so it deleted all my downloads.  But i only use it on my 2 phones. And I've already checked it on my devices setting. I'm using spotify for family. None of the other members experincing this. I am the main member from the list (the account which charged for the subscribtion). Please help.  Because it's really annoying to redownload all my playlist over and over again. 

I know, we're paying hundreds a year for this so you'd think they could
make it work for us

Do you use an application for freeing up space? Try turning it off. Some manufactures perinatall something like this, like Samsung's "Smart Manger". Please check your installed apps.

Hi, thanks for the suggestion but I've already done all that kind of stuff,
any other ideas.
Cheers

Maybe a storage hardware component is broken. To rule that out, you can try changing location for downloaded files in Spotify settings. Change it to SD/Device. Choose the thing, which is unchecked at the moment.

That option isn't even there, it disappeared with the last update

I've had the same problem for about 6 months. I also did everything I could imagine what could help. After 6 months I decided to reset my phone, and after re-installing everything worked just fine. Maybe you should just try to do a back up and afterwards reset your phone, maybe then everything will work fine.

If it worked, after a reset, it must be a technical error. You should contact support. Just click here.

I got trouble woth keeping it downloaded

I have a samsung j5 prime with 6.0.1 android. 

I download it and lasts 3 weeks to 1 month downloaded then i havr to redownload it but it uses double the amount of storage. I use my SD card 34 gigs for app data and neber fill it up. I noticed that the storage button aรฑso dissapeared. I dont know if that has something to do with my situation with the downloaded songs

Suggested posts