Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Download using cellular

Download using cellular

In android app i have disabled download using cellular, but when I have wifi turned off as soon as I change spotify from offline to online it starts downloading. 

Is there something I can do about this? I have seen similar question from 2019 with no answer that would help me 

4 Replies

Hey @goofix,

Thanks for posting here.

If you've downloaded your songs and start playback with an active internet connection, the app will start streaming them over the network. This is due to the fact that it tries to play the most up-to-date version on our servers.

You can give these steps a go and turn on the offline mode. Currently this is the only way to disable the Mobile data usage of the app when Wi-Fi is not available.

Keep in mind that the setting Download using cellular only affects downloads, not data used for streaming.

Hope this sheds some light on the matter. If you need anything else, the Community is here for you.

Ver Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi, 

This does not help I am afraid. 

When I change from offline to online with wifi disabled spotify starts to dowload the songs I have marked before should be downloaded.

I am not playing music so it is not streaming.

The issue basically is that before I leave for the weekend I download the songs I want, go offline and even when marked as oflline spotify is somewhat online and some of the downloaded songs in playlists get removed.

Then when I go online for example I found a song, want to add it to a playlist so I don't forget it, it starts downloading even if it shouldn't.

That is the issue and has been for a long time so it is not the last version and it's been the same on 3 different phones.

•  

Hey @goofix,

Thanks for the reply.

When you mark a playlist to be downloaded for offline listening, the app will attempt to re-download all such playlists every time you connect to a network, if you've been offline.

If you've disabled download using cellular, this will happen only when you're connected to a WiFi.

There is no way to stop this, as the app tries to automatically download the latest version of a playlist.

Hope this clears things up.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

• Except my issue is that I have disabled download usingcellular, wifi is off and spotify is downloading. Nevermind then. Seems that there is no solution 

Suggested posts