Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Downloaded music disappearing from phone

Downloaded music disappearing from phone

Spotify keeps deleting the downloaded playlists from my phone.  Imagine how mad I was when I got on a 3 hour plane ride and my newly downloaded music was gone!

I logged into Spotify and cleared/deleted all my connected devices but it didn't solve the problem.  I'm saving the downloaded music to my SD card, maybe that has something to do with it.

Any insight is appreciated.  I have no reason to pay for Spotify if I can't even use it the way I want. 

3 Replies

Hey @bhmiller89

Thanks for getting in touch with the Spotify Community. We'd like to help. 

In this case, try these steps: 

1. Log in to your account page on our website and click Offline devices in the menu on the left. 
  2. Click REMOVE ALL DEVICES.
  3. Delete Spotify on your device, also remove the SD card.
  4. Install the app again. 
  5. Save your offline tracks again. 

Let us know if that makes any difference or, if you have any questions. We'll be here for you. 

Sophia, 

Yeah, good luck with this.  This has been an issue for over a year now, which Spotify don't seem to be in a hurry to fix.  It's not device specific and none of the 'fixes' given help.

I just fixed this, by erasing my card. I have did it when I have bought the card, so I had no faith this could help, but it did. Looks like now I can reach my music in offline mode. Sometimes things just get fixed and you have no idea what was the issue. Hope this stays now as it is.

Suggested posts