Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Downloads reset after every crash or restart

Downloads reset after every crash or restart

Plan

Premium

Country

United States

Device

(LG G7 Thinq)

Operating System

(Android)

My Question or Issue

I have about 500 songs downloaded from local files and my regular library. Every time the app crashes (which is frequent) or every time I restart the app or my phone, it starts all over and redownloads everything. As you can imagine this is frustrating and time consuming. I have fixed my phone settings to allow Spotify to be an exemption to the battery saving settings. Based on previous threads, I imagine I need to manage my offline devices through spotify.com, but this feature is no longer on the website. In addition, my storage settings keep changing from device storage (preferred) to SD card. I'm not sure why or how to fix this but it may also contribute to my problem. Please help.

2 Replies

Hey there @patrickhager6,

Thanks for reaching out. We're sorry to hear that the app is not working as expected. We'll do our best to help you sort this out.

We recommend you try enabling the permission for storage options for Spotify if it's disabled. This can be accessed by going to Settings Apps Spotify Permissions StorageNote: Menu order may vary on different devices.

After this check your SD card for errors and perform a clean reinstall of the app following these steps:

1. Remove the SD card from the device.
  2. Go to your phone’s Settings.
  3. Select Apps.
  4. Find Spotify in your list of apps, tap it.
  5. Tap Storage > Clear Data.
  6. Tap Uninstall.
  7. Go to Google Play and install the Spotify app.
  8. Put the card back in.

Note: After clearing doing this, all your downloaded song will be erased, and will have to be re-downloaded once you go back online.

Hope this helps. If you have more questions, don't hesitate to reach out here again.

Have a great day!

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Changing my storage settings to the SD card seemed to fix it.

Suggested posts