Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Equalizer disappeared

Solved!

Equalizer disappeared

Hey, I've been using the equalizer and bass boost in Spotify with my OnePlus 3 and I loved the ability to make my music sound a lot richer. Today I updated my phone to Android Nougat and the equalizer and bass boost have disappeared. Help?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Spotify uses the android system equalizer. If the option isn't showing, this will be because your phone manufacturer didn't include the android equalizer in the nougat update. All you can do is to try the third party equalizers in the Play store.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Marked as solution

Spotify uses the android system equalizer. If the option isn't showing, this will be because your phone manufacturer didn't include the android equalizer in the nougat update. All you can do is to try the third party equalizers in the Play store.

I kno im not worthy Joe! Lol but i dont have Nougat, and my equalizer was always there until my most recent update. So mad cuz Im usually careful wit these things. altho one can only avoid updates for so long:( I hav an LG L90 running Android 5.0.2 Any ideas (besides a 3rd party app) oh great one?

Google tech said in their support forum "I got feedback from LG customer support. They said Nexus 5X has Music FX equalizer app as default, but G4 hasn't. So I set Music FX app and I can see equalizer menu in Google Play Music App.". I know you have a different model but it seems likely that the equalizer wasn't included in your update either.

One plus has added a equalizer on the phone settings, under sound, called audio tuner. 

Yes but that dosn't effect the sound at all?

OnePlus 5 here...

I'm still in-luv with my Spotify as always! BUT... this equalizer thing really irks me after all this time. Back then I had a $99 LG L90 that did/had everything under the sun. Upgraded to expensive Samsung & hated it. Now I got the phone I wanted/needed- LG K20 plus on T-mobile already loaded w/ Nougat. Also got Beats X Bluetooth earplugs. Sounds great, except w/o an equalizer it is limiting my use, especially when I hook up to my speaker system via 3.5mm.

Used 2b so easy to switch back & forth and the phones equalizer would pop up or I coulda used Spotify's. And why is the equalizer in such an inconvenient place?

My sister has an LG V20 n has amazing sound card BUT only by 3.5mm jack! What is it about these "better" LG's that cant show the Spotify equalizer?? I will have to search for an outside app to download, right? Any suggestions (free)? 

Suggested posts