Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Faulty "No internet connection" message [Android samsung galaxy S5]

Faulty "No internet connection" message [Android samsung galaxy S5]

Alright, from the top

About two weeks ago, Spotify on my phone started messing up. About 80% of the time, the app doesn't get any internet connection, even though every other app on the device has internet connection. 

It all started with not being able to log in. For some reason I got logged out of spotify, probably just the session ending, but I hadn't cleaned the app data in connection to this happening. 

1. I clicked the "log in using my facebook profile" button, it looked as if it loaded for 15 minutes, then it said "Unable to connect". 

2. I repeated step 1 two or three times before giving up, as I was drunk and tired. 

3. The next morning, I tried again, and got the same result. I was at that time connected to my home Wi-Fi, but...

4. I got the same result when I tried to log in using my username and password, and when I got onto the 4G network instead. 

5. I tried changing my password, and it didn't work.

6. It spontaneously begun to work again, and I still don't know why, because I didn't restart the phone or clear data or anything, I just let it rest for a while. I didn't even kill the app or disconnect/reconnect the internet connection. 

So I gave up, logged in, and kept on doing whatever I was doing. 

So a few days back, i started to get these "No internet connection available" messages at the bottom of the screen. So this is what I did.

1. I tried reconnecting the wifi, and it worked... for about ten seconds. then it came back. 

2. I checked if there were any other internet connection issues, but non were found anywhere else. 

3. I tried rebooting the phone: Nothing. 

4. I tried reinstalling the app: Nothing.

5. I tried killing the app and restarting it: Nothing. 

6. Then I found that if I kill the app, disconnect the wifi, open the app, let it boot up, and then connect the wifi again before it has the chance to put up the "no internet connection" sign again, I got a few minutes of internet connection to synch playlists and downloads. 

So what's the problem? Am I the only one who has this problem? I have tried everything I can think of as far as my knowledge of the android system goes, which isn't very far. 

And yes, I've gone through with all of the basic troubleshooting that the site reccomends, and it didn't work. I even went on the twitter to look for people with simular problems, but couldn't find anything signifying that this is a reoccuring issue. 

Hope someone understands and can help me soon. 

Blessed be

//Moviescout

2 Replies

I have the same issue with Mac.

#6 Just helped me out big time..lol
i dc wifi, load up spotify click on a song but dont play it, reconnect wifi and it works.
I have been trying to play spotify for past week with same problems..

Suggested posts