Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Files on computer and android

Files on computer and android

Hi all.

Thanks in advance for your help.

I am new to spotify and have a few questions.

1. If users' own files are loaded on a PC, I assume they won't also appear if logged in on another PC?

2. I understand files can be 'synced' or something from PC to android via 'available offline'. But what about files originally on android, can they be synced/sent to PC or any other device.

3. Last, can own files ONLY be audio files? This is probably a stupid question.... but can spotify be used with other forms of media at all, i.e. to sync or otherwise load videos or images. This is regarding both PC and mobile devices, and for syncing between the two.

Cheers!

5 Replies

Hi and welcome!

1.  No, your files are stored just on that PC, if you log in on another computer that doesn't mean you will see them there too.

2.  If you have mp3 files in your android, you won't be able to sync them back to the pc. The correct way would be to transfer them to the PC manually using USB. Then add them on the desktop app and finally sync them on a playlist back to your Android. 

3.  Only audio files. Remember that Spotify is more a streaming music service than a regular media player, though you can play mp3 it's not easy cause you have to sync them or like putting them inside the app environment. If you wanna play videos you should use a media player app instead.

Thanks. Your help is appreciated.

Just to confirm, the only files that can be shared from one device to another are audio files, nothing else?

Yes, unfortunately for now, only audio files...

So spotify can do nothing at all/has nothing to do with at all with files other than purely audio files?

Well the thing is that Spotify is a streaming music service, it has been made for music, audio. Maybe in the future if it becomes a sort of youtube or vimeo maybe it could be used for that too....

Suggested posts