Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Filtered music doesn't play following filtered track

Filtered music doesn't play following filtered track

Plan

Premium

Device

Samsung Galaxy 8

Operating System

Android Oreo

My Question or Issue

When filtering music in a playlist and play a track the next track isn't the next among those filtered out but the next as it usually is. This is very frustrating as I would like to be able to filter out artists and such from my playlists and only play that. If I would have wanted to play the next track in the ordinary order I would have queued it instead!

8 Replies

Hey @5668, welcome to the community.

That's how filtering songs works. After you select the track you wanted it will start playing the next track to it. 

However, if you would like, you can submit it in Idea Submissions board or support it if this idea has been already submitted.

Have a nice day 🙂

That was not how it was before.

It is not working on mine either. Will try to reinstall my app and report back to you.

Please, if you don't mind, could you try to do a reinstall of the app?
I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstallation of the app. Just follow the steps here.

If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the exact version of Spotify and the exact version of the operating system you're running?

I'll see what I can suggest!

@5668, I reinstalled my Spotify app and now that feature seems to work. It has been a long time since I hadn't deleted and installed Spotify, maybe that was the issue for me.

However, please try the steps I suggested above and tell me how it goes.

Hey, I'm using a Samsung S9, and I'm on Spotify version 8.7.24.1111. I'm having the similar filtering option, it seems as if only my liked songs file got downgraded? I've tried reinstalling, restarting my phone. If there is anything else you can suggest let me know.**bleep** 

Hi @FantasiMusic!

Sounds like you're referring to the Mood and Genre filters, which are currently only available for your Liked Songs. You can find more info about the feature in this thread.

Cheers!

YordanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hello, 

I took a screen recording of my liked songs filter attempt, which was the mentioned problem, I have attached the file underneath.

In the recording I filtered my liked songs by the "Anime" mood/genre filter, but the song that plays is by Three Days Grace, which unfortunately isn't Anime related.

Hi again @FantasiMusic!

Does someone else you know have access to this feature? If yes, you can try logging in to your account on their device to see if the same songs appear under the given genre. You can also ask them to log in to their account on their device and compare the results.

Keep us posted on this.

YordanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts