Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

From UK, but can't download spotify for my phone whilst in SA

From UK, but can't download spotify for my phone whilst in SA

Hi Crew, 

So I am visiting South Africa and thought i'd download Spotify for my Android device (Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge) whilst I am here, but it would seem that I cannot do it because it is not supported in SA?

Can anyone tell me what I can do? Can clearly listen to it here thanks to my premium account, but cannot get it on my phone.

Thanks for the help!

4 Replies

Hi.

I might have a solution for you. But I can not recommend it as a safe solution.

You can download Spotify Music.apk from a website and then install it by enabling use of "Unknown Sources" in settings.

I don't post any links as it's completly up to you to do this as it can be considered unsafe.

Does sound super dodge, any other things I could try before resorting to this? 😄

Thanks for the reply btw!

The only thing I can think of is to try different VPNs that are based in a country where Spotify is available. But I think that Google Play blocks most VPNs.

I have tried it to get some Streaming services on my own phone but the ones I tried were blocked/not functional with Google Play.

Hmmm just tried this, the entire change your country to something else, etc, with the VPN, does not work :<

Suggested posts